Добро пожаловать!


прежде чем сможете оставлять сообщения.

Старый 07.07.2013, 10:37   #1 (permalink)
Очки: 357, Уровень: 3 Очки: 357, Уровень: 3 Очки: 357, Уровень: 3
Активность: 99% Активность: 99% Активность: 99%
Аватар для Lev Kobrin
Сообщений: 69
Доп. информация
По умолчанию Вот и дождались. DHS Issues FAQs on Immigrant Visa Petitions for Same-Sex Couples

DHS Issues FAQs on Immigrant Visa Petitions for Same-Sex Couples
July 04, 2013

Following the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling declaring a key part of DOMA as unconstitutional, the Secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, has directed USCIS to begin accepting and reviewing immigration visa petitions filed on behalf of a same-sex spouse in the same manner as those filed on behalf of an opposite-sex spouse.
DHS has also issued an initial FAQ. It is expected that more FAQ’s and guidance will follow as more questions on how to handle cases involving same-sex couples arise. The initial DHS FAQ contained the following two questions:
Q1: I am a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident in a same-sex marriage to a foreign national. Can I now sponsor my spouse for a family-based immigrant visa?
A1: Yes, you can file the petition. You may file a Form I-130 (and any applicable accompanying application). Your eligibility to petition for your spouse, and your spouse’s admissibility as an immigrant at the immigration visa application or adjustment of status stage, will be determined according to applicable immigration law and will not be automatically denied as a result of the same-sex nature of your marriage.
Q2: My spouse and I were married in a U.S. state that recognizes same-sex marriage, but we live in a state that does not. Can I file an immigrant visa petition for my spouse?
A2: Yes, you can file the petition. In evaluating the petition, as a general matter, USCIS looks to the law of the place where the marriage took place when determining whether it is valid for immigration law purposes. That general rule is subject to some limited exceptions under which federal immigration agencies historically have considered the law of the state of residence in addition to the law of the state of celebration of the marriage. Whether those exceptions apply may depend on individual, fact-specific circumstances. If necessary, we may provide further guidance on this question going forward.
Лев Кобрин - юрист, магистр права.
+972-77-798-5274 (Office);
+972-54-696-0298 (Mobile);

Lev Kobrin вне форума   Ответить с цитированием


иммиграция в сша

Опции темы
Опции просмотра

Ваши права в разделе
Вы не можете создавать новые темы
Вы не можете отвечать в темах
Вы не можете прикреплять вложения
Вы не можете редактировать свои сообщения

BB коды Вкл.
Смайлы Вкл.
[IMG] код Вкл.
HTML код Выкл.
Trackbacks are Вкл.
Pingbacks are Вкл.
Refbacks are Выкл.

Текущее время: 00:26. Часовой пояс GMT +2.

Сделано на vBulletin® Версия 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Перевод:
"І чужому навчайтесь, і свого не цурайтесь" (Тарас Шевченко)